Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Berlin, Germany (27 November 2019)
Location: Germany, countrywide
Event: During the holiday season, security measures in Germany remain heightened due to ongoing threats posed by transnational terrorist organizations and individuals inspired by violent extremist ideology throughout Europe. Violent extremists continue to focus on locations such as Christmas holiday markets, shopping malls, airports, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, transportation hubs, and other soft targets frequented by tourists.
Actions to Take:
Exercise additional vigilance at holiday festivals and events, places of worship, and locations with large crowds.
Review your personal security plans.
Be aware of your surroundings.
Monitor local media for updates.
· U.S. Embassy Berlin
· +49-30-8305-1400 (business hours)
· +49-30-8305-0 (after hours)
· U.S. Consulate General Frankfurt
· +49-69-7535-0 (business hours)
· +49-69-7535-0 (after hours)
· U.S. Consulate General Munich
· +49-89-2888-580 (business hours)
· +49-89-2888-0 (after hours)
· State Department – Consular Affairs
· 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Country Information – Germany
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
· You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.